Wednesday, January 18, 2012

three days away

I'm heading down to the offices of New York Road Runners tomorrow afternoon to pick up our race packets! I always get super excited before races and this one isn't different (although I generally get WAY more excited when I'm about to do a trail race). But I am very excited since I've never done a half marathon before, I'm doing it with Liz, and it's in Central Park. Should be a good time!


Today's weather was great so I was able to get back on the bike. I cycled for a little over 11 miles and then Liz and I ran 2.67 miles this afternoon. 


Today was a "rest" day for P90X as it was only Stretch X. Tomorrow starts my "rest" week with only Yoga, Kenpo, Core Synergistics, and Stretching. I'm already looking forward to the following week when I start the double workout schedule.


I hope the race shirts have a cool design like they did last year. I also like colored shirts as opposed to the normal white shirts most races use. Kind of a weird thing to think about, but I keep all my race shirts and love wearing them. It's definitely a little source of pride (the good kind) to have a stack of race t-shirts in my dresser.


Keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment