Monday, January 16, 2012

long run

Our Long Run
I realized today that all my premonitions were correct: I out-kicked my coverage by marrying Liz. She is amazing. She worked from 10p-8a last night and came home to take a nap/sleep. When she woke up around 2.30p I thought for sure that she wouldn't want to run, especially because she is working an overnight shift again tonight from 10p-9a. The best I was hoping for was maybe a 2.5 miler around the neighborhood.


But no. She pushed through it. We didn't go a 4m or 6m...we went for a 10 miler through Harlem, down the Hudson, and around Central Park. She was amazing!


So we did our 10 miler then came home and I made Lemon Pepper Tuna steaks with green beans and then Liz took a nap before she headed off to work. Did I mention she's amazing!


Tonight for P90X I did Legs and Back and Ab Ripper X. Legs was tough tonight after running 10m, but Ab Ripper X is getting easier, which is very encouraging since I'm only 1 week away from taking my 30-day photos (my "beginning" photos make me want to vomit!).


I've added a page that lists my past races as well as my upcoming races. Just click or tap the "race history" tab above this post and it will take you there. It's more of a way for me to keep track of my past races and future races than anything else, but it may or may not be interesting to you. You decide!


Keep running!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pat,

    Thanks for reading! I see we've run a few of the same races. We'll have to meet and say hello at the Ugly Mudder next month.

    As for keeping up with ultra training and P90X: I'm a grad student right now, so besides classes (which are only on Tuesday and Thursday) and studying, I have a lot of free time. Since I've been training with my wife for the Manhattan Half Marathon, I haven't got to the point where I'm putting in a lot of long runs during the week. After this weekend I'm going to start bumping my mileage up to prepare for the Febapple 50k. That will be my first experience with training for an ultra while also doing P90X. We'll see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete