Thursday, January 12, 2012

satisfied impatience

"There's no crying in baseball ultrarunning!"
So I'm in kind of a weird position with P90X, running, cycling, and working out in general: I'm satisfied with the effort I've been putting in thus far and am satisfied with the results, but seeing those results makes me impatient for the final results! I want to fast forward 9 weeks and see what I look like, like those before/after morph shots they do on the final episode of the Biggest Loser.


But I know that isn't going to happen. It's going to take another 9 weeks of hard work, to which I'm oddly looking forward. I guess my impatience is a by-product of the "iPhone-ization" of the world: we want everything NOW! Good things take time and hard work. Or, in the immortal words of Tom Hank's character in A League of Their Own, "Of course it's hard; if it was easy then everyone would do it."


Anyway, enough rambling. Today I did chest and back, ab ripper x, and also did core synergistics earlier in the day because I didn't get a chance to cycle (thanks a lot, rain!). I'm not supposed to do core synergistics until week 4, but I was getting antsy for another workout today.


Liz and I ran 2.7 miles around the City College loop. I'm proud of her for getting out for a run today. The cold and rainy streets of Harlem weren't exactly inviting...but we did it!


My sister Jessica is spending the weekend with one of her friends and Jessica's birthday is tomorrow! That means two things: 1) I'm going to have to squeeze running, cycling, and plyometrics into the morning so that I can show them around NYC for the rest of the day and 2) my "2 drink cheat day" is going to have to be tomorrow and not Saturday. We'll see how that goes.


Keep running!


Also, if anyone wants to buy me this documentary, that would be awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment