Wednesday, January 11, 2012

rest day

Today is what I consider to be my rest day. For P90X I do the stretch workout, which is more relaxing than anything else. I also took a break from biking to give my quads a rest (and my butt). Liz took a rest day from running because her achilles is pretty tight from all the running, so I went out for a short 2.5 miler around City College. 


All in all a pretty relaxing day.


Today marks the end of week 2 of doing P90X. When I started I was at 196lbs. and am now down to 185lbs. That's 11lbs. lost in two weeks. More than that, I'm starting to see some results of the workouts in my shoulders, pecs, triceps, biceps, and especially my stomach, which is getting tighter (thank the good Lord).


Tomorrow will start week 3, which is the last week of this particular workout cycle. I then have sort of an off week during week 4 as I won't be doing any strength training. Then weeks 5-7 I'll be doing doubles, which is usually one cardio-type workout and one strength training workout a day. That will be tough, but I'm sure it will be worth it. I'm a believer at this point!


How's everyone else doing with their workouts this year? Hope it's going well! Keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment