Tuesday, January 3, 2012

favorite running links

Jenn Shelton pacing Anton Krupicka
Since I have a bit of down time this morning, I thought I'd post some of my favorite running links. I'll also add these to the sidebar of this blog so that you can access them easily later.
If you have any other links that you think I would enjoy, feel free to pass them along!
General
Runner's World - an obvious stop for all runners. Their forums are also very active and helpful for training tips, gear suggestions, race info, etc. I usually tend towards the ultrarunning, trail running, and barefoot/minimalist forums. 
Trail Running - a great stop for those who, like me, prefer to do it in the woods. It's also a good stop if you like to run in the woods.
Active - good website to find events in your area. Also has has decent articles.


Ultrarunning
UltraRUNNING - great articles on ultrarunning and a pretty decent event calendar.
Ultramarathon Running - best ultra calendar on the web. Check it out if you're itching to run a long way.
Riding the Wind - Anton Krupicka's blog.
Run 100s - race calendar geared specifically towards 100 mile races.
Western States 100, Leadville Trail 100, Badwater - for all those, like me, who stalk these races and dream of running them one day.


Barefoot/Minimalist Running
Birthday Shoes - the best website for reviews and previews of minimalist footwear. Check out their videos as well.
Harvard Barefoot Running - great website by Harvard scientists who study and promote barefoot running/forefoot strike.
Barefoot Runner - great articles and reviews on barefoot/minimalist running.


Triathlons
Triathlete - best site for news and reviews.
USA Triathlon - official USAT website.
Ironman 140.6 & Ironman 70.3 - official websites with news and race calendars.


Gear
Road Runner Sports - great place to go and lust after cool running gear.
REI - I love REI. I try to buy as much from them as I can. Great for trail running gear.
City Sports - I usually go here to find stuff since they have such a huge selection.


Hope these lead you to some good info and even better health!


Keep running!



No comments:

Post a Comment