Saturday, January 7, 2012

global warming?

Central Park today photographed by Liz
Liz and I went for an absolutely beautiful 7 mile run in Central Park today. It was 57 degrees and sunny; perfect running weather! We started on the Upper West Side at 96th Street, did the Central Park loop (6.3 miles) and then ran down to 72 Street to finish the run. It was great! The Manhattan Half Marathon is two weeks from today and I feel good about our training. We have one more long run next Saturday (10 miles) and then we taper down a bit.


Yesterday we went for a 3.11 mile run around Harlem (our normal City College loop, plus an extra bit) and I biked 7.5 miles. I took a break from the bike today because the 7 miler got me a bit tired and my butt is hurting from the bike seat. Definitely have to look into getting a pair of bike shorts...or get a sweet banana seat. Either one will work!


I did head to the Columbia gym yesterday morning to swim and found out that the pool is only open from 12p-2p and then later in the afternoon for the entire semester. Not ideal. I'll have to figure out a way to fit a swim into my schedule.


Yesterday I did Plyometrics and it KILLED my quads after biking, but it oddly felt good. Today I did the Shoulders and Arms workout along with Ab Ripper X. I feel like I'm just getting into the groove with P90X. Slowly some results are starting to show, which encourages me to keep at it.


Hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment