Friday, January 20, 2012

half marathon eve

Not great...
Well tomorrow is the big day: Liz and I will conquer the Manhattan Half Marathon...if it doesn't get cancelled that is! Unfortunately the weather tomorrow looks grim. There is already a winter advisory in NYC, they've cancelled alternate side parking this weekend for their anticipated snow removal, and the NYRR has said that they will make the call tomorrow before 6.00a. 


I really hope they don't cancel it because I don't think they reschedule (at least they didn't reschedule the Bronx Half Marathon this past fall, which was cancelled because of the hurricane). That would be the worst!


Today Liz and I did our last training run as we did the 2 mile City College loop. It was a bit cold, but we know that is what we are going to be facing tomorrow, so it was good practice.


I did Core Synergistics for P90X today and I have found my new favorite workout! I love it: a good mix of weight training, ab work, and leg work. I think I'd do it everyday if I could!


I'll (hopefully) be back tomorrow with a race report.


Keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment