Thursday, January 5, 2012

new bike!

So today I got my new (to me!) bike. I found it on Craigslist and was super excited. Some dude bought it for $1100 back in '08, did one triathlon on it, and left it in storage until he moved this past January. He just wanted to get rid of it, so I got it for $250! I can't believe it! I took it for a 9 mile ride through Harlem and the Central Park loop and loved it! I'm looking forward to another great ride tomorrow.


Liz and I ran a cold 4 miles through Harlem to the Hudson tonight. We have a 3 miler coming up tomorrow and then a 7 miler in the Park on Saturday. Liz is doing great! I'm so proud of her.


Today was the first repeat for P90X as I did Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X. I felt better, especially because I remembered what was coming. I'm definitely coming along on the ab workouts. I'm not quite to 25 reps for each exercise, but hopefully I will be by next week.


I'm also going to start swimming (to both lose weight and prepare for triathlon season). I'm planning on hitting up the Columbia pool tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes.


Keep running!

2 comments:

  1. cool, cool! love that it has two cages on it already. my frame is so small I can only squeeze one decently large one.

    the bike accessory list from vital to less vital:

    1. BIKE SHORTS- worth every penny, especially if you want kids someday-- (not kidding about that)
    2. tune- up and fitting (especially if it was sitting in storage) yay REI member deal! also- a mini bike pump!
    3. clipless pedals and shoes (don't bike with it in traffic the first few times!)
    4. lights- I got the light/bike computer combo from REI.
    5. bento box of some kind to hold extra tube's, bike tool, etc. (minimizes what you need on your back)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations! After two days of riding only short distances, I can definitely say that I will be investing in bike shorts ASAP. As for the rest, I will slowly be acquiring them this summer!

    ReplyDelete