Tuesday, January 10, 2012

temptation resisted!

The taps at the Ginger Man
Before I get to my temptation, I'll summarize the day really quickly: 7.5 miles cycling (I stopped keeping track of my 1.2 mile ride home because it's more of a cool-down than a proper ride); 4 mile run with Liz; Kenpo workout for P90X. All felt great and I found Kenpo to be more fun this time around since I kind of knew what was coming.


After Liz and I ran, we went down to Midtown to meet my sister Jessica who is in town for the week for work. We went to one of my favorite bars in the city: The Ginger Man. They are known for their enormous beer selection. I took a quick look at the draft list and had to put it away...then I picked it up again. The Corsendonk Christmas was calling my name. It promised me a wonderful Belgium flavor mixed with nutmeg and cinnamony deliciousness. 


But I didn't cave in. I sat there with my club soda with lime and held strong. It was hard, but I did it (that's what she said!). Probably not a huge milestone worth blogging about, but I did it anyway.


Nice weather again tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to some more good workouts. Keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment