Sunday, January 8, 2012

resolution revised

Last night Liz and I went to Harlem's own Dinosaur BBQ to celebrate our 7 mile run in Central Park. As I finished my first Club Soda with Lime and watched my wife partake in a delicious IPA, I started to think my resolution of not having any beer until I'm down to 165lbs was stupid. I work out multiple times everyday, shouldn't I enjoy a well deserved reward?


So, I decided that I can have two beers on the weekend as long as I continue to (a) do P90X everyday and (b) run everyday. I didn't want to simply "break" my resolution and start having a drink whenever I wanted, so I decided to slightly revise my resolution. It works for me.


Today was a light day for me (Sunday is our rest day for half-marathon training, so Liz took the day off): I ran 2 miles (which is my minimum distance for my resolution to run everyday) and did P90X Yoga. I did much better on Yoga this time around, which was encouraging. Once my stomach gets more toned I will be able to do more of the moves easier. I'm looking forward to that. 


The weather looks good early in the week (mid 40s to 50s) except for Thursday (rain), so I'm looking forward to another great week of workouts!


Keep running! 

No comments:

Post a Comment