Monday, January 9, 2012

eventful monday

This is my crack.
Normally Mondays are sluggish. Everyone hates going back to work or back to class after the weekend. Well, not to rub it in or anything, I have another week before classes start, so Mondays are just one more day to do multiple workouts before the semester begins!


Today I cycled 10 miles through Harlem, did the Central Park loop with a little added, and then went to Trader Joe's to do some shopping. One thing about living in the city: unless you are taking a cab ($$$) or you are crazy enough to drive, you can't buy too much at a grocery store at once. Usually I go for two re-usable-bags-full because I take the subway. Today I had to get even less as I had to fit it all in my backpack in order to ride home. One thing I will never leave Trader Joe's without is their Sparkling Water. I'm absolutely addicted to it, especially the Orange. It's zero calories and has all natural flavor. Delicious!


Anyway, Liz and I ran 4 miles tonight. We are working up to our 10 mile long run this weekend, which will be one week before the race. Liz is killing it! I don't know how she leaves for work everyday at 6.30a, works on her feet all day, and then gets back in the dark at 5.30p and still has the determination to head out into the dark, cold streets of Harlem and put in 4 miles. She's amazing.


I also did P90X tonight. It was a tough night after cycling 10 miles and running 4 miles because it was the Legs & Back workout. My legs are spent! I was proud of myself during Ab Ripper X though. I did 20 reps of each exercise, except the final exercise where I did 40 reps. It's encouraging to hit these little milestones.


Can't wait to get at it again tomorrow! Keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment