Monday, February 6, 2012

no smoking

One of the biggest things I hate about running in NYC, besides the fact that I am running on the road instead of the trail, is when I go to pass a pedestrian and she or he blows a huge smoke of toxic funk out of their mouth right into my face. Smoking sucks. It's honestly one of the top 1 dumbest things you can do.


"Hey, consumer: why don't you pay between $45-$150 a month (depending on where you live) for a few relaxing minutes where you experience peace and euphoria. Oh, by the way, that peace and euphoria come at a price: you won't be able to exercise without coughing your lungs out, you will spend a large amount of money supporting this habit, your health premiums will increase, and, oh by the way, it is scientifically proven that it will give you cancer.....are you in?"


Idiots.


Anyway (now that I have that off my chest), today was a good day. I woke up early and did our laundry (something that was WAY overdue). I came home and did Cardio X (P90X), Cardio Resistance Circuit (Insanity), Legs & Back (P90X), and Ab Ripper X (P90X). I then ran to the post office and bank and then (actually) ran 4m, which met my "over 5K" minimum for the week.


Tomorrow I'm ready to do about 7 miles as well as my P90X and Insanity workouts in between my classes at Columbia.


I leave you with a short clip from someone who ran 50s For Yo Momma last year. This year I will be running the 50m race as my first 50 miler. It's good inspiration. 


Keep running!



No comments:

Post a Comment