Wednesday, February 8, 2012

beat the snow

Glad I decided to run earlier in the day today as I just went out to walk Sammie and it was snowing.


Didn't get around to blogging yesterday so here's the deal: did a 3.12m run around City College and did Kenpo X (P90X) and Cardio Circuit and Cardio Abs (Insanity). Had to squeeze them all between classes and meeting Liz for dinner, but I got it done!


Today was my easy day. I had a rest day for Insanity and did Stretch X for P90X. I also ran 3.24m around City College before Liz got home. I also cooked some amazing grass fed beef meatballs simmered in curry sauce over a bed of brown rice. Delicious and healthy: win/win!


Tomorrow night Liz is heading to Chicago, which means that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I'll be able to do some nice long runs. I'm aiming for 12 on Friday, 20 on Saturday, and 15 on Sunday. I need to get used to running longer distances as I have a 50k coming up and a 7m trail run the day after!


I leave you with one of my favorite Phish songs. For longer runs I'll sometimes listen to music. I only, however, listen to Phish when I run. Whenever this song comes on my pace definitely picks up. Keep running!!


1 comment:

  1. I love it! We'll be meeting each other at the Ugly Mudder, right?

    ReplyDelete