Sunday, February 12, 2012

jack frost

It was a cold one today in NYC. I woke up early looking at getting out for a run, but it was extremely cold and windy (15 degrees, windchill to 8 degrees at 6.30a). So I decided to do Yoga X (P90X) and then Cardio Recovery (Insanity), which were good to get me loose for my run.


I finally got out to do my run around 11a after spending some time cleaning the apartment since Liz gets home from Chicago tonight.


The first 10 miles felt alright, but then my knees started hurting and the weather (20 degree wind chill...and it was WINDY!) started taking a toll. I ended up with a 12.5m run because I honestly couldn't imagine running around Central Park one more time. I love the park, but running loops is boring and running on the road is miserable.


So, it was a bit disappointing I didn't hit my 20m goal, but I feel good about it anyway. Running on trails is so much easier on my body than running on roads. I ran like a beast in the fall of 2010 and never felt my knees hurt until I ran the Harrisburg Marathon (100% roads) that fall. It beat me up. 


I hate road running.


I leave you with a funny video that reminds us all not to be that awkward runner. Keep running!!







1 comment:

  1. I used this Google account (artofultrarunning) only for this blog, my running twitter (@artofultras), and all things running. I use a different Google account for personal stuff. So, when I go to YouTube on this account it shows a bunch of trail running and ultrarunning videos. I usually just click on a few and see if one is funny/interesting.

    For the Anton videos: I searched for those because I have a man-crush on Anton (don't tell my wife!).

    If I see someone who looks like the guys in this video at the Ugly Mudder, I'll be sure to say hi! :) Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete