Tuesday, April 17, 2012

long, short, long

To many people the life of an ultrarunner is the culmination of a lifetime of poor decisions...I can't say I disagree.

I submit into evidence yesterday's decision: an 80 degree day with zero cloud cover and I decided to go out for a 20 miler with only 2 carb gels and no sunscreen. Not the greatest decision I have ever made in my life, but I needed the mileage. Needless to say I slept well last night...save for the sunburn,

Today I went out for a 3.5 miler around the bridle path in Central Park. I wanted to do at least 3 miles just to stay loose.

Tomorrow I'm heading out early (before it gets too hot) to do at least 13.1. I'd like to do closer to 15, but we'll see how I'm feeling after my second loop around Central Park.

I leave you with Anton's reflections on injury, being patient, and moving into your truck.

Keep running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment