Wednesday, April 18, 2012

a bit short

Today I was hoping to run at least 13.1 miles.

I ran from Harlem over to the Hudson to a new route through Riverside Park (a very nice find, which I will frequent from now on) down to 96th Street and then over to Central Park. During my second loop around Central Park at 10.75 miles into my run I felt a little twinge in my right calf (high on the muscle). I stopped immediately. I've only had one injury during my running career and it was my right calf (high on the muscle) about two years ago. It sidelined me for two weeks. I obviously didn't want a rerun of that situation.

So, today was a bit disappointing because I didn't get the mileage that I wanted, but I least I hit double digits. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I don't want to take the day off because I know I will most likely have to take Friday off because I will be working in Princeton all day and probably won't get back home in time for a run. We'll see how it turns out. I guess two days of rest is better than pushing it with an injury when you are less than a month away from a 50 miler!

Keep running!!

1 comment:

  1. Well i must say i'm am very jealous that you have only had one injury during your running career. I'd say that in the last 3 years i've had maybe 9 monts of injury free training. I've been babying Plantar Fasciatis for almost 8 months now. I'd kill for an injury that only cost me 2 weeks. Count your blesssings

    ReplyDelete