Friday, April 13, 2012

i'm back

Alright, enough time off. It's time to get back into the swing of blogging. Sorry for my absence, which I'm sure you've felt created a large void in your life. I apologize for any pain this may have caused you.


I'm ramping up my mileage lately because my 50 miler is less than a month away. I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it will be worth it.


Today I ran 11.88 miles. I ran through Harlem, down Riverside Drive to 96th, and then to and around Central Park (once on the road loop and once on the bridle path loop). 


I've been running in the new New Balance MT110s (pictured), which were designed by Anton Krupicka for running in trail ultramarathons. He runs in the Minimus for shorter distances, but needs the support of the MT110s for ultras. I like them because they are minimalist, yet they have more padding than the MT00s (the new Minimus Zeros) or the MT20s in which I have been running. They also have a rock plate in the forefoot which is much appreciated. I've been wearing them without socks and haven't had any issues with blistering. They wick away moisture really well and don't have any problem areas. I found the MT20s to have a large stitch near the arch of the foot that would cause blisters on longer runs. The MT110s don't have that problem.


In other news, I'm down 20lbs since January 1 (from 196 to 176). I still want to break into the 160s before my ultra. I may have to resort to drastic measures and stop drinking beer until then. We'll see how it goes!


Keep running!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha. Ice T and his pals from Law & Order finally tracked me down!

    I am planning on running my 50 miler in the MT110s. I've done 3 50ks, two in the MT20s. I just don't think I have the foot strength to do a 50 miler in them. The MT110s afford more padding and a rock plate, which can only help the discomfort I know lies in my future!

    Which 50ks and (possible) 50 miler are you running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to run the Dirty German so badly! I'll already be moved to Chicago at that point, so that's a no-go for me. Looks like a really fun race. Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete