Friday, April 27, 2012

last long run (and nasa)

So today I set out for my final long run before my 50 miler on May 12. I set out to run at least 20 miles. I left our apartment in Harlem and went west to the Hudson. I stopped to watch the space shuttle being flown over the Hudson. It was an amazing site.

I then ran through Riverside Park to Central Park at 96th St. I ran a Central Park loop, then a bridle path loop, then another Central Park loop when my watch, which I have neglected to recharge, pooped out around 14.7 miles. I ran another Central Park loop (6.3 miles), so I ended the day with about 21 miles.

I felt good and don't feel too sore tonight (we'll see how tomorrow looks when we get there), so I'm encouraged. 50 miles will be a beast, but I'm sure I can do it!

Keep running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment