Wednesday, December 28, 2011

new year's resolutions


So it's just about 2012 and everyone will be making resolutions that, most likely, will not last through January. To be honest, I think a large majority (if not absolutely all!) of my resolutions have ended very early in the year. 

Everyone begins with high hopes of this finally being the year that they keep their resolution...but it never really ends up that way. 

Life gets in the way, we get too busy, and the easiest thing to do is to give up on what we had resolved to do. 

Last one in, first one out.

This year I have two big resolutions:


1) To run everyday in 2012

2) To not drink a drop of alcohol until I am 165lbs (a 30lb weight loss)

One of the reasons I am doing this is because I am signed up to run in my first 50 mile ultramarathon in May. I need to drop weight and stay consistent in my running if that ultramarathon is going to turn out well! 

Another reason is simply just to get in shape and stay in shape! As a 30 year old male, weight seems to be harder to get off and easier to put on as the years go by. I have no aspirations to be on the Biggest Loser, so I want to stay in great shape.

One other thing I am doing is starting P90X. My brother-in-law, who has lost a TON of weight, has been doing it for a while and has had great results. I did two workouts with him this past week and I'm hooked. 

Because of these resolutions, this blog is going to be getting more active. I am going to update it consistently with my running updates as well as my weight loss journey. Although 165lbs is my goal weight, I really just want to look like Anton Krupicka (pictured) who is an absolutely amazing ultrarunner. I realize my bald head will never allow us to be identical twins, but I'd love to be able to go out for a long run wearing nothing but shorts and shoes.

Also be on the lookout for updates about my wife and I's training for our first half marathon this January. We start our training tomorrow!

Keep running!

2 comments:

  1. If you do end up looking like Anton in 90 days I will definitely get p90x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't make any promises, but I have dropped 6 lbs in less than a week on P90X!

    ReplyDelete