Thursday, December 29, 2011

half-marathon training: day 01

Today my wife and I began our training for the Manhattan Half Marathon, which is 21 January. We took a nice 3.06 mile run around Harlem even though it was extremely cold. I'm proud of my wife for braving the weather. It was also her first run in minimalist shoes. I bought her the New Balance Minimus WT20s (pictured) for Christmas. She seems to be transitioning well!


I can't believe I've never run a half marathon before. I've done 5ks, 10ks, 15ks, 30ks, marathons, and 50k ultramarathons, but never got around to doing a half. I'm glad I'm doing it...and especially glad to be doing it with my wife.


I also started P90X today. I did a chest & back workout as well as the ab ripper workout. It was tough. What was even tougher was taking a look at my "before" photos that were taken today. They are definitely motivation to get my ass in gear!


Tomorrow my wife and I will be doing another 3 mile run and I'll be doing plyometrics for my P90X workout. I may also try to sneak in another run in the early afternoon since I don't start classes for another week or so.  Lord knows I could use the extra mileage!


Keep running!

1 comment:

  1. Yo, keep running guys! So glad you got your wife those shoes. I've been training in them and I'm hooked. They've helped drastically with my knee problems.

    ReplyDelete